1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
PaidModels provides access to www.PaidModels.com (the "Site") subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to You. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at: http://www.PaidModels.com/terms.php. Your continued usage of the Site after any changes to the TOS will mean You accept those changes.
Back to Top
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
PaidModels is a membership based web site that provides approved members with access to a rich collection of resources related to the modeling field, including but not limited to various communications tools, forums, search services, personalized content, and photo hosting (the "Service"). The Service may include certain communications from PaidModels, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the PaidModels.com Newsletter. These communications are considered part of PaidModels membership and You will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new PaidModels properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that PaidModels assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, loss, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, You must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
Please be aware that the Service may contain adult or mature content. You must be at least 18 years of age to be a member of the Site and to access and view such content.
Back to Top
3. USER ELIGIBILITY
The Service is available only to entities and persons over the age of legal majority who can form legally binding agreement(s) under applicable law. By applying for access to the Service, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age. Additionally, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information to become a member of the Service ("Member"). Creating a Member account under automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses constitutes unauthorized use of the Service and such accounts will be terminated. Minors are prohibited from using the Service, and parents/managers/adults are prohibited from creating accounts for minors. Models, Photographers, Agencies, and Stylists must maintain a completed profile and biography with a minimum of 4 professional images of human models at all times. A working email address, without auto response or white-list authorization requirements, is also required at all times. Members must be approved before they can access the Service. PaidModels reserves the right to deny any account application for any reason. Only applicants that are Models, Photographers, Stylists, or Agencies may apply for Standard accounts. There is a fee requirement for the following accounts types: Fan, Model Management, Magazine, Clothing Designer, Talent Scount, Event Planner, and companies seeking to hire PaidModels talent. Members may only have one account with PaidModels.com. Opening more than one Standard account will result in the termination of the new account and may also result in the termination of the original account. (One standard account constitutes one non-premium account per person) Previously denied applicants may not reapply for membership to the Service.
Back to Top
4. REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or PaidModels has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, PaidModels has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service or any portion thereof. (c) You must complete the application process within 48 hours of submitting your new member application. If you fail to complete the process within the allotted time, the application will be rejected. 48 hour extensions can be purchased for a fee. The current fee is $10 for applications rejected within the last 6 months and $25 for those rejected previous to that.
Back to Top
Back to Top
6. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process and becoming a Member. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify PaidModels of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that You exit from your account at the end of each session by clicking "LOG OFF". PaidModels cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Back to Top
7. MEMBER CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not PaidModels, are entirely responsible for all Content that You upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. PaidModels does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, You may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will PaidModels be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a PaidModels official, forum leader/moderator, guide, host, model, photographer, agency, scout, magazine, or celebrity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You acknowledge that PaidModels may or may not pre-screen Content, but that PaidModels and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, PaidModels and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, You acknowledge that You may not rely on any Content created by PaidModels or submitted to the Site.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that PaidModels may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of PaidModels, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by PaidModels and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Site, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Back to Top
8. INTERSTATE NATURE OF COMMUNICATIONS
You acknowledge that in using the Service to send electronic communications (including but not limited to search, forums, mail, chat, uploading photos and files, and other Internet activities), You will be causing communications to be sent through the PaidModels computer networks, portions of which are located in California, New Jersey, and other locations in the United States. As a result, and also as a result of the PaidModels network architecture and the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where You are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, You acknowledge that use of the Service results in interstate data transmissions.
Back to Top
9. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which You reside.
Back to Top
10. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
PaidModels does not claim ownership of Content You submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content You submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, You grant PaidModels the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
- With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video You submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Service. This license exists only for as long as You elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time You remove or PaidModels removes such Content from the Service, with the exception of an avatar image which shall remain indefinitely.
- With respect to Content other than photos, graphics, audio or video You submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
"Publicly accessible" areas of the Service are those areas that are intended by PaidModels to be available to other members and/or the general public. By way of example, publicly accessible areas of the Service would include the message boards, Member profiles, Member photos, Chat, profile comments, photo comments, Castings, Travel notices, and any areas that are open to both Members and visitors. However, publicly accessible areas of the Service would not include services intended for private communication such as Site mail, or areas off of the Site, such as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible via hypertext or other links but are not hosted or served by PaidModels.
Back to Top
You agree to indemnify and hold PaidModels and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content You submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
Back to Top
12. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Back to Top
13. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that PaidModels may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and/or size of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum number and/or size of any image that may be uploaded to or stored in an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on PaidModels servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) You may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that PaidModels has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that PaidModels reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that PaidModels reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
Back to Top
14. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
PaidModels reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that PaidModels shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Back to Top
You agree that PaidModels may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your PaidModels account and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by You (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, (g) engagement by You in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (h) nonpayment of any fees owed by You in connection with the Service. Termination of your PaidModels account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service (b) deletion of your password and all related information, images, postings, correspondence, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of the Service. Further, You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in PaidModels sole discretion and that PaidModels shall not be liable to You or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Service.
Back to Top
16. DEALINGS WITH MEMBERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with other Members, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such Member. You agree that PaidModels shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such Members on the Site.
Back to Top
The Service, Members, and/or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because PaidModels has no control over such sites and resources, You acknowledge and agree that PaidModels is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that PaidModels shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Back to Top
18. MEMBER DISPUTES
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members of the Service. PaidModels reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
Back to Top
19. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to You through the Service or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by PaidModels or advertisers, You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. You also agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by PaidModels for use in accessing the Service.
Back to Top
20. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PAIDMODELS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PAIDMODELS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PAIDMODELS OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE SERVICE. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WHO HAVE NO HISTORY OF PRIOR SEIZURES OR EPILEPSY. IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY, HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICE. IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING THE SERVICE: DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT, OR CONVULSIONS.
Back to Top
21. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PAIDMODELS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF PAIDMODELS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
Back to Top
22. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Back to Top
23. NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
Back to Top
24. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
PaidModels respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. PaidModels may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable, suspend, and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If You believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the PaidModels copyright agent with the following information pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that You claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that You are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The PaidModels agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
P.O. Box 353783
Palm Coast, FL 32137
By fax: (858) 712-0279
The DMCA contains very specific guidelines as to what proper notification of claimed infringement must contain. Copyright owners may obtain a copy of the DMCA, including these guidelines, by visiting the web site of the U.S. Copyright Office at http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512.
PaidModels is not required to respond to notices that do not meet the requirements of the DMCA. Copyright owners should be aware that there are substantial penalties for false claims and that PaidModels will actively refer complainants who use the DMCA for improper purposes to relevant law enforcement agencies.
In the event that PaidModels must remove, or disable access to, material on Your account that is alleged to infringe another's copyright under the DMCA, You acknowledge and agree that PaidModels may do so by terminating and/or removing your entire account.
Back to Top
25. GENERAL INFORMATION
Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between You and PaidModels and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between You and PaidModels with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when You use or purchase certain other PaidModels services, affiliate services, third-party content, services or software.
Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between You and PaidModels shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and PaidModels agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Florida.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of PaidModels to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your PaidModels account is non-transferable and any rights to your PaidModels account or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all contents therein permanently deleted.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Back to Top
Please report any violations of the TOS to PaidModels.com Support.
Back to Top